Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason
for your hope, but do it with gentleness and reverence (1 Peter 3:15-16)
These are some resources explaining some basic, often misunderstood, teachings about God, Jesus and the Holy Catholic Church for anyone who wants to learn about them for themselves or to explain and defend their truth to others.
Answering Objections to God (His Existence and Nature)
- Is There Evidence that God exists?
- Does God Need to Have a Cause?
- How Can We Know a First Cause of the Universe Is God?
- Why Does a Good God Allow Evil?
- Does God’s Omniscience Mean There Is No Free Will?
- Does Science Prove There Is No God?
Answering Questions about Jesus
- Was Jesus an Historical Person or Just a Myth?
- Are the Gospels Reliable Historical Records?
- How Is Jesus the Son of God?
- Why Did Jesus Die on the Cross?
- Did Jesus Really Rise from the Dead?
- What Difference Does the Resurrection Make?
Answering Objections to the Catholic Faith
- Catholic Scriptural Reference Guide
- An extensive list of Scripture passages, arranged by topic, supporting Catholic belief and practice.
- Catholics and the Bible
- Are Catholics Saved?
- Sacraments and Baptism
- The Eucharist and Mass
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation /Confession/Penance
- Purgatory (short answer)
- Purgatory and Indulgences (longer answer)
- The Pope and the Magisterium
- Mary and the Saints
- Anointing of the Sick
- The Priesthood
- Catholic Teaching on Marriage and Sex
Most of these pages were developed from material contained in the free e-book Catholic College Student’s Spiritual Survival Guide. Printed copies of this book can be ordered here.
- Is Allah the Same as God?
- Do Catholics Believe in Evolution?
- Will There Be a Rapture?
- Is Halloween a Pagan Festival?
- Can Non-Believers Go to Heaven?
- Why Do Catholics Fast (and Do Other Acts of Self-Denial)?
If you have questions about the Catholic Church or her faith and teachings, please share it below. Thanks for visiting.